Friday, September 12, 2008

Sounding like a "parent"



I was updating my friend Frances on my boys this evening in an email and decided to post a portion of it:


"Before bedtime tonight, I told Jonah that he was expected to refrain from a certain behavior (can’t even remember what it was! J) while he was in our house..isn’t that such a “parent” thing to say??!! LOL Anyway, he responded with “I want to go live in a different house.” My jaw visibly dropped. He’s four. I actually started laughing..I didn’t expect that kind of retort for quite a few years. Of course I probably elicited that response with the way I made my statement. Parenting is a challenge sometimes."


Sometimes I re-play the things I just said to my kids in my head and go "why did I just say that? That was stupid!" Anyone else do this?

1 comment:

PJ said...

I was just trying to think of things I've said to the kids...can't come up with one at the moment. But oh yeah, we all do it. I've done so oh so many times that I just can't think of one at the moment!