Saturday, September 27, 2008

Headbanging to Veggie Tales

Night before last, at bedtime, the boys got rowdy and turned on their Boys in the Sink CD while I was gathering their bedtime snack. They cranked the volume and were jumping around dancing and laughing and having a big time. When I walked in the room, I told them to turn it off and calm down because "it's almost bedtime!" They ignored me and kept dancing, so I figured, if you can't beat'em, join'em. We were jamming out to Larry Boy..lots of electric guitar...metal sounding..I had my hair down and started head banging and they thought it was so funny. Jonah laughed until he got the hiccups. It just encouraged Jude more so he got on Jonah's bed and started jumping around like a little monkey. I played air guitar for a while and then went back to headbanging..then stopped when my head started hurting and the mother side of me took over. I feared I might experience actual brain damage from jostling my head around like that.

Fun times..fun times. :)

Read about Dana's funny episode related to discipline over at http://www.mamalogues.com/2008/09/discipline.html

2 comments:

PJ said...

Headbanging??? Really Jennifer!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

You're funny.

I cannot headbang anymore. Doesn't it feel as though your brain is being tossed around? Ugh, growing old.