Thursday, September 25, 2008

Economic Answer?

I am not an economic expert. I am listening to all the radio commentators, doing some reading on the internet news sources and trying to get more educated about it all. At first, I thought the bail out was unavoidable, but as I hear more details of the bailout, I think it may not be necessary, a good idea, or the right thing to do. We need reform in so many ways in this country. The only solution I have come up with on a personal level is to spend less and pray a lot more. As much as economic stress will hurt everyone, it may be the only thing to draw our nation to Jesus Christ. 2 Chronicles 7:14

I find myself praying "Come Lord Jesus, come quickly!" But in order to pray that without guilt, I must do everything I can to share His gospel with those who do not know Him.

My great aunt sent the following forward to me with regard to the upcoming elections but I think it also applies to our economic status. It's a great reminder:

"TOP 10 PREDICTIONS NO MATTER WHO WINS THE ELECTION
1. The Bible will still have all the answers. 2. Prayer will still work. 3. The Holy Spirit will still move. 4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people. 5. There will still be God-anointed teaching and healing. 6. There will still be singing of praise to God. 7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people. 8. There will still be room at the Cross. 9. Jesus will still love you. 10. Jesus will still save the lost.
ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!!!"

No comments: