Monday, September 15, 2008

Pine nuts, Paul Buchanan, Blessing and sweet kids




I am thankful today for the small and big things. To name a few...

My husband = best friend, partner in crime, strength, love of my life

My boys: Jude's "Hi Mommy!" in his most chirpy voice with a smile straight from the clouds. His snuggles are pure heaven. Jonah's constant praise - This week he's singing Glory Hallelu! and Still Standing. He inspires me daily. He loves to learn new things and to ask questions. His world is growing everyday.

Good Music - it really does calm, inspire, and spur me on creatively. (Paul Buchanan's voice on Are You Lonesome Tonight (with Chris Botti) is lovely, soulful..all in one song)

Pine nuts - they are awesome! Great on salads, in pasta dishes..yum.

Maple Grove Farms - Sesame Ginger dressing..."Where have you been all my life??!!" LUV it.

Dr. Thunder - yeah..I like cheap stuff too! Tastes good and it's great for the budget.

Good Friends - People that just understand..you don't have to say words. A smile or a hug is enough. My mother has a throw pillow on her coffee tablet that says something like "I'm rich in grandkids". I need one that says "I'm rich in friends."

Privacy - I can't tell you how much I appreciate having a home to ourselves again. My parents are awesome and were so kind to let us rent from them after we sold our North Meadow house. (Lesh's too.) But it's wonderful to be able to just have your own space for your own family. 'Nuff said.
To live in the United States of America - I would not want to live anywhere else. I am so grateful to have been born in this nation. It is not without problems..and extensive ones, but largely, it is blessed with incredible, loving, giving, compassionate people who value life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Have you considered the words that make up the Pledge of Allegiance lately? "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Powerful words.

God - Some people believe Christians are weak.. that they need to use God as a crutch. Well, if He's a crutch, may I be the most crippled person in the world because I cannot live one day without Him and I don't ever want to try. He has blessed us in more ways than I can ever type. I have been praying "Come Lord Jesus" more and more...I yearn (yes yearn..there's not a better word for it) for Him. I want to know God more and more. It is indescribable to think that He created the galaxies, and that He knows every part of me and desires my friendship. David wrote that His thoughts for us outnumber the grains of sand. His love and what He did on the cross are amazing.

The old song says to count your blessings, to name them one by one. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: