Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Preacher's sons






My heart goes out to Pastor Greg Laurie, (in Southern California) for the loss of his son. He died in an automobile accident last week..I'm just now hearing about it. Then today, we received word that a fellow pastor in Republic, Missouri also lost his son tragically in a shooting. At the end of May we had heard that the son of the pastor of the First Assembly of God in Wentzville had lost his son to cancer. It seems like a pattern in some way. I pray nightly for protection and health and salvation for my two sons, and pray that I never have to experience the loss of either of my children. I cannot imagine any worse hurt. I have followed the blog of a young woman who lost her young daughter in a drowning accident last year. She has expressed how therapeutic it has been to blog/journal about her loss. Praying that God's comfort is thick and real to those who have experienced such heartache.

No comments: