Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Presidential Election & Racism

It has been a long two years and I am grateful this day has come to an end. It is no secret that I hoped John McCain would be elected. Many conservatives are consoling themselves that although their candidate was not chosen, "history was made" and racism was overcome. As much as I am grateful that some in our nation rose above the sin of racism and dared to look beyond the color of skin, I fear that some voted purely based on race..proving that racism is very much still alive.

My reasons for not voting for Barack Obama had absolutely nothing to do with his race. I honestly could not care less his race or the color of his skin. I withheld my vote because he does not value human life. I withheld my vote because he believes that the hard working should be penalized and should share their earnings with those who are unemployed. I withheld my vote because he believes in government forced compassion. And I withheld my vote because he sought to penalize those with differing opinions, during his campaign, under the guise of a "fair campaign".

However, there are those who share my Christian beliefs with regard to homosexual marriage and the right of the unborn to live. Yet, because he shared their same skin color, they chose to cast their vote for him. That is racism..pure and simple. How could a Christian, in good conscience, vote for someone who does not defend human life just because he shares their skin color? We've not come so far after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree the fact that Colin Powell and other black americans turned their back on good judgment and a man of character to vote for Obama indicate a strong amount of racism exists by blacks against whites. If it weren't for the majority of whites who voted Obama would not have won.

PS Great header ☺

Lizzi said...

I was glad to see your last paragraph. Racism is alive and well in this country, just in a very different form.

It may take time, but eventually, people will learn. I hope.