Thursday, June 19, 2008

February 2007 - Jonah-3 and Jude-10 months


(I'm doing better! It's only been a month since I last posted!) Jonah turned 3 this month and we had a last minute "big" party for him..all in a John Deere theme. It was so cute. Everything was green and yellow of course and we gave each kid a John Deere ball cap. There were two different kinds. We had a summer time kind of picnic dinner..cheeseburgers and all the fixins as well as chips and mac n' cheese..easy stuff for the kiddos. My sister made the cutest little John Deere cake with taillights on it. Those were the first details Jonah noticed so she did good!! It was delicious as always. She makes moist cakes..I taught her well. hehe I had said I would never do another "big" party after the one I did for his first birthday, but it's just difficult not to. We have a large family as well as a large church family and it's hard to know where to cut the list off, so we just include everyone. It ends up being a social event that we all enjoy..just requires a lot more work than any normal birthday party should..I think this is going to be my life. I'm not complaining..just adjusting! :) The kids played pin the tire on the tractor...that was all I could come up with..they all got suckers so they were all winners. I hate for anybody to be left out. Then Jonah opened presents..despite our requests for no gifts..he had a total overload at Christmas. I am concerned that he's getting so many that he doesn't really appreciate them. Probably no toddler appreciates gifts anyway. Perhaps I should forget that notion until he's a little older. But we got him the gift of the century...another reason I thought that he shouldn't receive other gifts. We had everyone come up to the garage where Lesh was waiting with the video camera and as he clutched his Stihl toy chainsaw (just like Pawpaw's), he ran into the garage and spotted the John Deere tractor complete with frontloader and trailer. It has two speeds and reverse. He shoved the chainsaw into my hand so that no one could grab it, and ran to the tractor. It was one of the funniest moments ever for me as a parent..he was running it into everything..literally climbing the wall with it, so Lesh had to chase him around so he wouldn't kill himself or anyone else. I thought I would die laughing. He's actually a little afraid of it..it goes so fast that he's having to learn how to control it. Of course he emphatically denied that he was "scared" of it. He's turning into a little boy and it makes me sad and glad and proud all at once. Every parent understands this, I'm sure.
This is my little sweetie in his John Deere hat..he wears it constantly now..doesn't even want to sleep without it. Julia's cake was so cute.














Lesh and Jonah..they remind me so much of each other it's a little scary. My boys love their daddy.














This is Jude with Debbie..Amber's mother. Jude is getting so big..he says "rah rah rah" and "da da da" and has this hilarious little laugh. It sounds like he's hacking up a hairball. He does it constantly..makes my throat hurt just listening to him. He is my precious little bundle of joy. He loves to play with Jonah now..it's wonderful for me too! I get a somewhat of a break. :)





Jocelyn and Jonah..they love to play together..they laugh at nearly anything..it's really cute.















Isn't she cute in her little green bows?











Julia even had a John Deere shirt!! Jeanie is so cute..she's talking up a storm now..she always wants to talk to me on the phone too. What a doll. She looks like little Julia..










Jonah and friends! (Logan)













Brothers: Jaglyn and Dillon















Rockin' out!





































































































No comments: