Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Weekend

I rose early on Saturday to join some very special ladies at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, and apple butter. Mmmm.

We then gathered on Main Street in historic St. Charles and leisurely strolled through some little shops. Very relaxing. Bought some DELICIOUS sauce, a dip mix, some paper at an WONDERFUL scrapbooking/paper store. Didn't spend a lot but it was just fun to walk around and inhale the very fragrant lilac..I need some of that in my yard!

I stopped by Michael's on my way home for a sheet of glass to replace the one that was accidentally smashed (into a thousand little pieces) last weekend. I love those little bargain bins Michael's now sports. They always have unusual things..I bought Jonah and Jude each a two dollar harmonica. They loved them..the beautiful strains have been floating around our house ever since. They aren't ready to join a bluegrass band yet, but they are sure having fun with them.

Had a wonderful service today. Ate lunch, dropped our boys off at my parents' home and then rode with Jean Guy and Julia to New Life Evangelistic Center downtown for our first offical Servolution project. It was so much fun..will post pics later on Facebook. It was a great experience and I am so proud that we had some of our CHOSEN youth there as well. It is always good to get past "yourself" and help someone else. We, mankind, are so prone to think about ourselves. Helping others..in whatever capacity, is vital to our mental, spiritual and emotional health. Feeling depressed? Go help someone. It's really not "all about us". It's about Him and sharing His love with others.

Returned to my parents' home and visited with everyone. Jean Claire put on a show for us..and I do mean a show. She writes songs and makes them up and does choreography to them as she goes. She has an incredible imagination..that kid has a future on Broadway. LOL!! Uncle Lesh captured some of it on his phone video camera..so I will post some of it. We were all fighting to keep a straight face during her "performance". She's so stinkin' cute.

Came home and put Jonah and Jude to bed. Is there anything better than this?

No comments: