Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"I had a hard day"


The weather is so warm and Jude keeps asking to go swimming. (It's not warm enough to swim yet.) Yesterday, he was bugging me to death about it, so I finally tried to distract him with the promise of a popsicle to cheer him up. That is the other thing he begs for (in addition to more candy). He brightened his expression and then started frowning again and said "Yeah, a popsicle would be good. I've had a hard day." Then he made that "harump" noise with his mouth as if to shake his head. I thought of his day and started laughing. He ate breakfast, watched a movie, played with his toys, ate lunch, went outside to play in the yard, ran through my hose, rode his "bike", wrestled with his brother, and wrote on our driveway with sidewalk chalk. Wish I had a hard day every day! :)

No comments: