Thursday, August 26, 2010

Proud of My Boy

I'm going to have to be the "proud momma" here for a bit. We were invited to a reception honoring some good friends, Robert and Evangeline Rodenbush, on 42 years of missionary ministry. We were planning to take the boys with us to the reception, but they were a bit confused about what we would be celebrating..and why they wouldn't be attending Wednesday evening service as we always do. We explained it was kind of like a party. Jonah asked if it was our friend's birthday. We said "no..we'll be celebrating that they shared Jesus with people all over the world for many, many years." He didn't say much after that.

Wednesday afternoon, my mother sent me a note and said that she and my father would take the boys with them to church so that Lesh and I could enjoy the more "adult friendly" event without the boys. We agreed, and then told the boys they would be going to church instead of the reception. I could see Jonah was torn, but he surprised me with this. "Okay mom. Tell Brother Rodenbush that I said "hi"." I agreed. "And tell him congratulations." I assured him that I would. He continued "and tell him that I said thank you for telling all the people in the world about Jesus...okay mom?" I agreed to do that, and then I went in my room and got all weepy. So proud of my boy and that he understands that is worth celebrating.

Before we left, he made me repeat the message I would be relaying to Brother Rodenbush. Then he said "If you forget what to say mom, just call me and I will tell you." LOL

Lesh delivered the message to Brother Rodenbush. Jonah has a heart of gold. I couldn't love that child more than I do.

No comments: