Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vacation

Lesh and I decided last Sunday that we would be leaving in two hours for Branson for an impromptu vacation. We tend to do most of our getaways like that. :) We didn't do a lot as far as shows and sites as it is still difficult for him to get around, but the change of scenery was wonderful for all of us. Lesh really only leaves the house for church and for doctor's appointments. It was a much needed get-a-way and the boys had a blast..I will post a few photos that I took on my phone (poor quality..hurry up Sony Ericsson! I can't wait for the C905a to come out! 8MB camera phone!! Woohoo!! :)

Sights
We did a drive-thru exotic animal safari in Strafford, Missouri off Hwy. 44 and it was so much fun! Completely worth the money we paid. Lesh fed a huge buck with a huge rack right out of his hand. He pet it on the head..amazing. He also made a good friend in something that I think was a Zedonk..or at least a close relative..he trotted along with our car for several hundred feet hoping for more food..cutest thing ever..the boys were cracking up laughing. Lesh has good pictures of that on his phone. They boys fed fawns and baby goats. Jude was fearless. We saw baby ligers that played and growled at each other..so cute. Monkeys, a wolf, wallabies, exotic birds, a lion, a tiger, camels..really neat place.

Good Eats
We shared a funnel cake at the cute little fifties diner on the strip..can never remember the name of that place..ate "espensive food" as Jonah puts it, at Red Lobster and ate less than stellar food at Lone Star. Ugh..

Fun
The boys and swam in a pool I have a sunburn to prove it. Haha. Lesh tried to fish several times but Lake Taneycomo was too high for him to venture into..he's barely mobile so trying to navigate flowing water wouldn't be a smart thing to do. We did visit the Bass Pro on the Landing and the one in Springfield so that was fun for him..he added to his fishing supplies. One evening we took the boys to a toddler ride area on the strip..they loved riding this little train and ringing the bell..a miniature ferris wheel, swings, saucers, and Jonah was even able to drive a gas powered go-cart!! Scary!! He did fine until he kept looking at me on the sideline..he would come around the circle, look at me as I waved and grinned, and then he would crash into the same place in the wall...at least four times. Finally, I stopped waving and told him to keep his eyes on the road. He was so proud of himself...too cute.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm so happy to be home so that I can worship with my church family..I want more of God today!

No comments: